Karate Belt Graduation Q & A
As you continue your training, it is important for you to understand our requirements for Black Belt, which are as follows:
- 3 years minimum of continuous training (including summer)
- Mastery of all basics
- 12 Ryukyu Kempo open hand kata
- 3 weapons kata (Bo, Nunchucku, Sai)
- Proficiency in sparring
- Knowledge of Ryukyu Kempo’s history and methods.
- Demonstrates effort, character, self-control and etiquette in all walks of life
Students are evaluated on an individual basis for their skill, effort, commitment and perseverance. A student will only qualify for Black Belt testing if they are putting forth 100% effort. All testing is done based on the aptitude and ability of the individual student, with 100% effort being the goal.
Review the letters below for information on your students future testing: