Welcome to Fairways Golf Academy!
Golf classes are held at Union Lake Golf Course 8295 Wise Rd. Commerce, MI 48382 from May-October
We are so excited to be able to offer you this unique golf program that focuses on teaching kids golf technique and etiquette. We invite you and your family to stop in and check it out! We offer a TRIAL CLASS ($25) for everyone, so call and schedule yours today!
Little Linksters (5-9yrs) – Mon OR Wed: 5:30pm – 6:15pm
Par Shooters (9-11yrs) – Mon OR Wed: 6:15pm – 7:00pm
Junior Pros (11 yrs & up) – Wed: 7:00-7:45pm
We will meet at driving range. On the range parents will be able to watch kids warm-up. Once we go on course a staff member will be with them. Parents then have approximately 30mins where they won’t see kids because they are on the course. We will be back approximately 5 min before class ends. In the event of rain we will schedule a make up day. If it’s misting we will still be at course for class.
- Kids will need to have hats, sunscreen and water. Also make sure they use the bathroom before the lesson .
- Tennis shoes or golf shoes. NO SANDALS/FLIP FLOPS.
- Kids can bring their own golf clubs, but if they don’t have any we will provide them for the day.
- Golf classes have continuous enrollment from April—October. Once you sign up for class you will be automatically re-enrolled on the 1st of every month unless you turn in a Stop Class Form.
- You can start at anytime as long as there is room in the day and time you want.
- If you want your child to try a golf class for the first time you can pay a $25 drop in fee.
- The annual registration fee is $35/student or $50/family
Our Golf Pro Ebon is PGA/Titleist Performance certified and oversees our program. Each student is an individual, and has different abilities for learning and progressing. We concentrate on understanding each student and assisting with the development of his/her ideal golf swing. To accelerate this learning process, our staff works to establish a perfect set-up position they then work to perfect a swing that compliments the student’s body type and time commitment for practicing the preferred swing.
Fundamental swing development and or major golf swing changes require extensive practice along with professional instruction. Practice however, does not make perfect: it makes permanent. Therefore, what one practices is critical to success. The fundamental drills, and practice methods along with repetition will help ensure that the student’s knowledge and understanding of the golf swing will improve. this helps make the game more enjoyable.