September 5, 2017 – July 2018
Performance Team (Blue Level)
(Starlights, Starbrights & Hot Shots)
Performance Team (Black Level)
(Minibursts, Starbursts & Super Stars)
The Performance Team is a wonderful opportunity for class gymnasts who want a little more beyond coming to gymnastics once a week. Being a part of this team gives them a great chance to enhance their presentation skills and gives them an opportunity to perform! Members of the Performance Team have the opportunity to participate in three (3) in-house Fun Meets throughout the year.
Team members must attend an additional Performance Team class each week in addition to their regular class. This additional class is where they will practice and perfect routines in preparation for the Fun Meets. Friends and family are welcome to attend the Fun Meets where gymnasts will perform on all the apparatus. All participants will receive a special award at the end of each performance.
Candidates: The American Allstars Performance Team is exclusively offered to gymnasts currently enrolled in a Hot Shots, Starlights, Starbrights, Minibursts, Starbursts, or Super Stars class.
Criteria: Athletes must be enrolled in a regular gymnastics class and a Performance Team class. They must be in the Performance Team class for at least 7 weeks before they are eligible to participate in a Fun Meet.
Objectives of the Performance Team Practice:
* The Performance Team class will focus on preparation for the Fun Meets. Gymnasts will learn and perfect routines that are appropriate for their skill level.
* Gymnasts will practice jumps, leaps, turns, and other dance skills they will need in a routine.
* Athletes will also focus on supplementary strength and flexibility work to enhance their skill development.
* A new skill must be mastered to be put in a routine. However; as skills are achieved during regular classes, they can be added into routines.
* Athletes will perform “compulsory” routines. The routines will be similar for each gymnast based on their level, but specific parts will include each athlete’s individual skills.
* The focus of the Performance Team practice is NOT to learn new individual skills, but to learn dance, perfect and upgrade routines, as well as incorporate necessary stretching and conditioning to enhance all skills.
* Each Performance Team practice will mainly focus on Floor and Balance Beam. On occasion Bars and Vault will be a minimal part of the class.
Performance Team Fun Meets:
* At the Performance Team Fun Meets participants will perform specific routines on each apparatus. A brief warm up will take place on each event, then athletes will perform. At the closing of each Fun Meet, athletes will be individually recognized in an awards ceremony.
* Fun Meet dates are scheduled approximately every 3 months.
* All participants will receive a custom trophy.
* Performance Team class is 45 minutes long and costs $72 per month.
– The Performance Team class is a monthly commitment and you must fill out a “Stop Class Request” form if you want to stop.
* Performance Team Fun Meet: $35 per participant per Fun Meet.
* Performance Team Leotard is $42 and is mandatory to purchase when you sign up.
* Athletes are required to purchase a leotard upon registering to be a part of the Performance Team. Leotards can be worn in class, but must be worn at the Fun Meet.
* All uniform purchases must be made through the American Allstars Office.
Q & A
Q: Who should sign up for the Performance Team?
A: Any gymnast who wants to advance their gymnastics by learning choreography. This program is also helpful to anyone who wants to eventually be on a competitive gymnastics team.
Q: Are there make-up classes?
A: Unfortunately, we can not offer make-up classes for the Performance Team.
Q: When is tuition due and is it always the same?
A: Tuition is due on the 1st day of each month. The amount is exactly the same price each month, except your first month, which may be prorated if you begin after the month has begun.
Q: Does my gymnast have to participate in the Fun Meets?
A: Although we highly encourage it, it is not mandatory to participate in the fun meets.
Q: When is the deadline to register for the Performance Team?
A: There is no deadline to be a part of the Performance Team. You can start at any time as long as there is room in the day and time you choose.
Q: What are the benefits of the Performance Team over recreational classes?
A: Performance Team members will learn key dance skills, performance techniques, rules for competing, choreography, and presentation skills. All of these are important attributes for future competitive gymnasts.
Q: Will gymnasts learn new routines after each Fun Meet?
A: In line with USA Gymnastics compulsory program, each level keeps the same routines and has gymnasts work hard to improve their routines after each performance. Each class level has a different routine, so as your gymnast moves up in their recreational class their routine will change. As gymnasts master new skills in class it may be added to their routine.